5.19.2009

Why a photography blog?

To me photography is disposable and this is as good a way as any to dispose of it.
Once my photos are laid to rest (delivered and backed up) I tend to move on and not look back. When people ask to see what I have shot in the past I have a hard time wanting to get something together. Why not put together a website? Maybe in the future. I am more of a work in progress kind of guy and a web site would just be in a perpetual state of change.

I started to think about what I should put up for my first post. I toyed with gathering a bunch of photos and putting together a small portfolio but that idea only lasted a few moments.

I decided to start with a street performer I met in Salt Lake.
I drove by Benny Gilbert twice before I got out of my car. He was leaning against the wall of the Kinkos I used to pass every day on my way to the University of Utah. Clouds were moving in and he was getting ready to move on. He played two songs and then it was raining so we both went on our way. I'm not great at describing the sound/style of a musician but I enjoyed his music and wanted to remember it so I shot a couple of short video clips. Enjoy.











4 comments:

Suzie said...

These are great! I love that he's wearing a suit! He's actually quite good.

patti said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patti said...

"work in progress"?????? No way---you're a PRO!

Valery G. said...

Your photos capture many epic moments! THANKS FOR POSTING!